Buying and moving into a new home with your family is one of the most thrilling and exciting journeys. But, it also means a time of uncertainty as you have to juggle your daily job and finding good quality furniture.
What adds more to this uncertainty is that you have to finalise between buying an expensive or cheap piece of furniture. Deciding whether you want to spend some extra dollars on buying furniture or save by opting for cheap furniture can be a challenging and daunting task. The buying experience leaves you with a plethora of questions:
- Which furniture will help make your space look best?
- Which furniture will reflect your personal sense of style?
- Should you buy expensive and high-quality furniture?
- Will buying cheap quality furniture be sufficient for your space?
The list of questions goes on and on!
- Buy top quality furniture and you will end up with a comfortable and happy home.
- Buy cheap quality furniture and you will end up with hotchpotch furniture that will never favour your home.
So, how can you identify the quality of furniture before making a buying decision?
In this blog, we have combined all the required tips to help you understand how to buy quality and functional furniture for your kids.
4 Tips To Buy Quality Kids Furniture
- Notice The Finishing of Furniture
- While buying furniture, always observe the layers of the ply or lamination used.
- The finishing of the furniture will tell you a lot about its quality.
- One of the best ways to spot cheap quality furniture is by observing the varnish or polish of the furniture.
- Cheap quality furniture will be nonresistant to scratched or wear and tear.
- Additionally, the finishing of the furniture will tell you everything about the standard of craftsmanship.
- Another way to spot cheap quality furniture is by looking at the depth of colour of the wood used.
- Generally, such cheap furniture is made with poor quality goods and will look awful and unappealing.
So if you see any of the signs mentioned above, that's a red flag!
- Consider the Material of Furniture
- The second best way to understand the quality of the furniture is by considering its material.
- Most cheap quality furniture is made from materials like Formica and particle board, which lacks strength and durability.
- By understanding the material of the furniture, you will be able to figure out its quality and make a sound buying decision.
- Some of the hallmarks of cheap furniture are MDF, laminates, softwood, and melamine.
The above-mentioned materials are ideal for lesser-used spaces and children's bedrooms. However, know that the quality of furniture will not be up to the mark.
Try It Before You Buy It
- One of the best ways to know the strength and durability of the furniture is by testing it.
- If you want to buy a bed, try laying on it and check whether it's comfortable or not.
- Additionally, look out for any cracks present in the bed. The drawers should open and shut smoothly.
- Check the strength of the furniture by firmly placing your palm on the surface.
- Move the furniture around to ensure it is working properly.
- Try putting a little weight on units to ensure they can handle pressure.
- Always look for furniture that is comfortable and functional.
After all, there is no point in buying furniture based on its appearance.
- Weigh The Furniture
- This tip is one of the best ways to identify any cheap quality furniture.
- Always have a rough idea of how much the furniture could weigh.
- While buying cheap furniture, you may notice that most items are light in weight, though it appears that they are heavy.
- Try lifting the furniture. If the job requires your complete efforts and power, then that's the right piece of furniture for you.
- If you can easily lift the object, then it isn't made of high-quality material.
Want to buy your kids furniture and outdoor furniture using AfterPay?
Kings Warehouse is proud to be one of the best AfterPay online stores in Australia. Our collection of kids furniture ranges from classical furniture to contemporary furniture. Browse through our latest furniture pieces and find the best one for you!