You want to get fit and have an active lifestyle and decide to invest in a treadmill for a workout; by far, it is the best decision you can make for your health and well-being.
There are several eCommerce stores that stock many different types of treadmills; so no matter what your requirement is, you will find one that is suitable for you.
Working out on a treadmill in the comfort of your home beats running outside any time. It is a good way to tone your glutes, boost your fitness and burn your calories.
Treadmills that you get from online stores, they are affordable and have a high-feature mode. They tend to have pre-set exercise programs as well as a dashboard to control several elements of the machine like speed, incline, etc. One can work out in the comfort of their home while listening to their favourite music or watching their favorite TV Show. This article provides essential tips to help boost your treadmill workout.
Tips for a good treadmill workout
Treadmills offer the best workout especially for those who wish to avoid running downhill since this can potentially damage the knees. Treadmills on the other hand, softens the run making it easier on the joints. Here are a few tips on how to boost your treadmill workout:
- Using the treadmill with 0% incline is a good way to work out and is effective too. It is beneficial to your leg muscles. However, adding a little incline on the treadmill is a good substitute for running outdoors on hills since this will exert your muscles 9% more and is also useful for exercising your butt and back of your thighs.
- This is good exercise equipment to gain fitness if done using the right technique. Simply running fast for an extended period of time will not serve the purpose. It is important to develop a strategy to ensure you get fit and do not injure yourself in the process. This can be done by adding several intervals during your training process and experimenting with the speed, or running for short internals with and that too high-intensity bursts.
- One good strategy is to run as fast as you can for 30 minutes and slow the pace for a minute after that and take a break of 1 minute to recover. Repeating this several times can be a good strategy for you.
- Avoid stressing yourself too much while running at an incline. Overdoing this can damage your spine and alignment.
- Most machines will have a good calorie counter on the dashboard. However, this is only a rough guide; it is best not to depend on this too much, instead check your progress in other ways.
- It is more beneficial to walk or job on an incline as compared to doing it when the treadmill is straight at zero incline.
- Ensure you are using a good pair of shoes to run even if it is indoors.
- A treadmill will have several preset programs to choose from like endurance booster, cardio challenge, muscle maker and many more. Use the appropriate one as per your goal.
- Use your treadmill to warm up prior to your exercise. This is essential to raise your heart rate and temperature and also send much-needed oxygen to your muscles.
- Don't look down or lean forward since this can lead to neck or back pain.
- Avoid stepping off the treadmill while it is moving since there is the risk of falling off.
- It is perfectly fine to listen to music while workouts on the treadmill, in fact, this can be beneficial to some extent and help you visualize a good route while running indoors.
- Drink plenty of water to ensure you remain hydrated.
Where to Buy Exercise Equipment?
Buy your exercise equipment online from Kings Warehouse, like a treadmill using AfterPay; this happens to be an Australian owned business that offers a wide range of products at affordable prices. This includes exercise bikes, floor mats, gym equipment, treadmills, trampolines and much more.
All the equipment we supply is safe and of premium quality. All items are also SAA approved and built with high Australian safety standards in mind. We have special equipment for people of all ages and also for those who simply wish to remain fit using a buy now pay later treadmill.